My Photo
Name:
Location: Hawaii

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Hopefully the begging of something

I am going to try something new here. It has been mentioned to me that I should write about myself for my dissertation. I think this is a good idea, however I don’t agree that the dissertation is the time to do it. My belief is, it will be more meaningful if I write about myself after I graduate with a PhD.

You see currently I am in my 2nd year of a doctoral program at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa, working towards a Ph.D. in Special Education. The reason it has been suggested that I write about myself is, I am a student with a Learning Disability. I have been diagnosed with LD since I was in the 3rd grade.

Recently while reading for a research methods class I am currently taking I came up with the idea of blogging my experiences through the program as a way to keep notes to reference for any future papers or articles I may write about myself. But more importantly as a way to share my experiences with others. And isn’t that what it is all about, to share what we know to help others?

During the progression of my entries in this blog you will learn more about me and my background. The goal of this project is to document my daily, but most likely semi-daily progress/adventures/journey though school and academic life. I may even though in what life is like here in Hawai‘i. Especially in the middle of winter when it is still nice sunny and warm here, and cold most other places J.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home